ping pong table

guide and resources to care or choose your ping pong table

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

ping pong table can be fascinating

The following article lists some simple, informative tips that will help you have a better experience with ping pong table.

My trip to Bocas started, the way many of my good stories do, with something hitting me in the face: the woman in the aisle seat next to me stood up to get a book out of the overhead when we hit a patch of turbulence—her well-aimed Poland Springs bottle squirted me in the cheek. The waterfire didn’t distract me though—my attention fixed out the window, looking down at the ocean: indigo greens and cobalt blues surrounding the islands that would be my home for the next few days. Bocas Del Toro.

This way, when you are getting set to play someone for the first time you can confidently stride up to the table and grasp the paddle in this cool manner, all the while looking down your nose and thinking to yourself, “look at them pawing their ping pong paddle like a five-year old, and me here with my awesome skills”. You have already won the mental battle, and that is vital for a hard-core ponger. Of course, they could be thinking “look at this dork trying to impress me with some cheesy paddle-grip, and what is he looking at on his nose”. But as long as they don’t say anything out loud, you’re good to go.

I ate breakfast at Shelly’s BBQ, where the atmosphere couldn’t be any further its western sounding namesake. It sits off the main drag in Bocas and the only reason I stumbled upon it was because I was lost. Crammed into a ping pong table-sized space sat four wobbly tables accompanied by several rotting wooden stools. The menu was etched in Spanish chicken scratch on the wall and asked no more than $2 for an item. Stacks of soon-to-be recycled beer bottles rested in the corner and sand covered the floor. I ordered the first thing on the menu, suspiciously called “sandwich”. What arrived was great: a toasty brown flour tortilla over-stuffed with a beef and a bright and crunchy cucumber salsa.

Truthfully, the only difference between you and ping pong table experts is time. If you'll invest a little more time in reading, you'll be that much nearer to expert status when it comes to ping pong table.

To be perfectly honest, I don’t really know the proper way to keep score. Typically I just take turns serving, with each player getting five serves per turn. First one to fifteen wins, with the game point having to come on the serve of my opponent. This may or may not be the proper way to keep score, I make no promises. In fact, if you are planning on entering a tourney or challenging someone at a party, please look into the real rules so that you don’t get embarrassed. Even if you don’t play by the rules it is a fun game. Table tennis is definitely worth checking out. And if you turn out to be a sub-par player, there’s always guitar.

There's no doubt that the topic of ping pong table can be fascinating. If you still have unanswered questions about ping pong table, you may find what you're looking for in the next article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home